School is going well. We have a sub chef because our chef is on vacation, which I secretly believe is his sugar-coated way of saying "they're suspending me for two weeks and seeing how my class does when taught by another chef". the past week was awesome with Chef Hedger. We made puff pastry, croissants, Danish, cinnamon rolls, buns, onion rolls, and tomorrow we make brioche. I was sad that he didn't let us make baklava (it was on our syllabus, but he decided we wouldn't do it); I gave him puppy dog eyes/a very sad Claire face and everything! Anyway, I had a four page paper due today, which was no biggie aside from the fact that I had to find/make time to do it. I had Jerryami watch Roselyn on Saturday while I wrote the paper. I still have a presentation due on it, but that shouldn't be tough if I do a Powerpoint presentation. I also cranked out a 2.5 page paper (on cakes) in about an hour or two; Chef Hedger was lenient and allowed those who wanted to work on their papers more to do so, and for those of us who were finished, he allowed us to do a 2-3 page paper on whatever we wanted (that was baking-related) for 100 points extra credit. He said we would get 200 extra credit points if we wrote a 5 pager, but there wasn't enough time.
Moving on.
Roselyn is doing great. She's walking everywhere and I thought she was getting into TONS when she was crawling, but boy was I wrong. NOW she's into TONS AND TONS. She's so curious! And now that she can walk and is a bit taller, she can reach stuff that's on countertop edges, so we have to push stuff farther back or put it away completely. Papa needs to finish babyproofing this weekend because the rubberbands on cabinet handles just aren't cutting it anymore.
Roselyn's great grandparents came to town the
The weekend after next (Halloween weekend) is going to be awesome. I'm super excited for our class party! Marilee had H1N1 and an upper respiratory tract infection, but she's recovering and will be better by the time Halloween rolls around. Thank goodness. She's the hostess. I'm organizing the party, but we're having it at her house!
Hope all is well with everybody! <3

No comments:
Post a Comment